SATE '11 Orlando panel: The Puzzle of Live Production
Ron Rodriguez began his career in Miami Beach, Florida as a contract musician performing and recording with some of Florida’s premier show bands and opening for celebrities such as Sammy Davis, Jr., Mel Tormé, Barbara Eden, Trini Lopez, Peggy Lee, Bob Hope, and Milton Berle. He started performing at Walt Disney World in 1971 as a staff musician, producer and leader with various orchestras and bands. In 1981 he joined the Walt Disney World Talent Casting and Booking department as Manager – a role he held for 13 years.
Beginning in 1994 as Director of Talent Casting and Booking for Walt Disney Entertainment he led the company’s strategy and implementation for casting entertainment productions around the world.
Career casting highlights include maintaining over 5,000 performers yearly for the Walt Disney Company, Disney’s Broadway Production of Beauty and the Beast, the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show at Disneyland Paris, three Super Bowl Halftime Spectaculars, the Disney Cruise Lines and shows and special events for Disney’s Parks & Resorts around the world.
Selected highlights of casting projects since Ron became a freelance casting director in 2004 include:
- Georgia Aquarium’s AT&T Dolphin Tales
- Universal Studios Osaka, Japan: Casting all entertainers since 2006
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (formerly BEC): Ongoing evaluation of performing talent in all USA parks
- SeaWorld Orlando: Producing spring and summer show “KINETIX”
- SeaWorld Orlando: Produced atmosphere group “Zancos”
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Produced 2009 atmosphere entertainment program
- Walt Disney World: Produced talent for Downtown Disney 2009 season